Virtual Museums School Membership Booking Conditions
- To become a member complete the online form and make the payment in full (£395) via PayPal services.
- Once your transaction is completed you will receive an order confirmation and our museum administration team will be in touch with you to send your members pack (PDF) and unique login details for www.coventrymuseums.org.uk, giving you access to: unique content, online resources and virtual content ready to stream in your school.
*You do not have to become a member to still engage with our virtual programming. Workshops are available without membership at the cost of £150 per workshop.
Length of Membership
- Membership lasts for 12 months from the date of initial payment. You will be contacted towards the end of your 12-month membership to renew your membership, should you wish to.
Access to Content
- Online workshops and assemblies will be available to stream directly from the members area of the website, once you are logged in. If you choose not to sign up for membership and access our virtual content through an individual booking, we will send the link for your workshop or assembly direct to your preferred email address. Please note, individual booking content will expire after 2-4 weeks depending on activity booked.
- Downloadable resources will be available via the members login page on www.coventrymuseums.org, where you will be able to access unique content about our collections and your virtual workshops.
- Physical resource kits for STEM activities and historical loans boxes will be made available to you, to use in your classroom with pupils. You can collect these in person from Coventry Transport Museum at a mutually agreed time and date, or we can courier these direct to your school for an additional fee. To access these as a member please get in touch to arrnage collection/delivery to coincide with when you will be using the virtual content in your classroom: email@example.com.
- Our historical resource kits include real artefacts and replica items from our museum collection. These are carefully packaged and come with instructions for how to repack the box safely to secure the objects during transit. Please follow these instructions carefully before returning kits to the museum.
Coventry Museums have comprehensive risk assessments in place for our online workshops, which you can download here. However, it is the responsibility of the school taking part in the activities to carry out a risk assessment for their own students.
- We welcome your comments and feedback, and take complaints very seriously. You will receive an email with a link to our on-line evaluation survey following your virtual workshop. In addition, you may contact our Learning and Engagement Team, by email.
- The learning content within our Virtual Museums School Membership is designed to be used in a school environment under the supervision of teaching staff.
- Login details and links to virtual content should not be shared with pupils for use at home.
- We advise teachers to watch the workshop videos in advance of delivery to pupils, to allow you to be aware of the content and any material of a sensitive nature (for example, images of Coventry during WWII).
Please download our risk assessment for our virtual schools membership scheme here.